Friday, March 1, 2013

Progressing Forward

Today was not as productive as I had hoped it would be. Lots of things factored into this, but hopefully tomorrow and Sunday will work out just right and things will get back on track.

I had really wanted to go by Costco and my two favorite grocery stores today and get my shopping for the month out of the way. However, that was not to be. In fact, I will probably not be able to do my shopping for the month this week. I will most likely have to do for half this week and half next week. Still, I will be down to two trips instead of multiple trips a month week.

I was able to stop at a grocery store that I don't normally frequent (prices are fairly high) and got a good deal. I had stopped there for two reasons. One, I knew for a fact that they carried Super Washing Soda, Borax, and Fels Naptha, and two, it was on the way home. Well, apparently they stopped carrying Borax. I think I know where I can get some though. But I was able to get the Super Washing Soda and Fels Naptha. Score! Then I went to get some rice because I have two meetings tonight (Girl Scouts and Committee meeting for Cub Scouts) and won't be home for supper. A few days ago I discussed curbing our frequent weekend eating out with DH. He's totally on board. I, however, need to get used to not going out to eat on Fridays! Anyhow, he wanted rice to go with the leftover chicken curry I made last night and he had already eaten the leftover rice. So, rice was on the list. And...it was on sale---10 bags for $10. Which made 2 bags 1 pound more and .49 cents less than the big bag of rice. We eat *a lot* of rice because DH is sensitive to gluten. Not celiac, just sensitive. I may have to get some more!


No comments:

Post a Comment