Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday, March 10



One of my favorite movies is The Wizard of Oz. Not only do I enjoy the movie, I enjoy the books (the L Frank Baum series...not Wicked. For some reason I just couldn't get through it!). I even wrote a short story for a high school writing class based on The Wizard of Oz. So, I was quite excited when I started seeing previews for Oz the Great and Powerful.

Today, I had the opportunity to go see the film with my oldest daughter and mother in law. It was quite fun! I thought it was very well done and enjoyed seeing similarities between it and The Wizard of Oz as well as references to the books.

As with most movies, it was a little slow to start, but it did pick up speed. There were also a few scenes where the acting was a little...overdone. Not over the top, just overdone. Overall though, I quite enjoyed it and recommend it for a fun afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment