Friday, March 8, 2013

Is it to soon for a break?

Yes, I know. Another day missed. Life is so hectic right now. It seems like every time I think things are slowing down and life will get easier, a million other things pop up and doing little things (like blogging) become almost impossible. Or I get so tired I just forget about it until it's the next day. I will attempt to remedy that now with another two posts. And hopefully get back on track tomorrow!

Last night I had planned on making Creamy Italian Chicken for supper. However, I was out late on Wednesday (more about that in my next post) and so, overslept a bit on Thursday. Because I didn't get up on time, I didn't have enough time to make my cream soup (Can't use the canned stuff because of DH). I had to change the menu quickly and decided to make my Pasta Bake. This recipe is adapted from, I think a Taste of Home Casserole publication. I can't currently find the one I think it's in. All I can really tell you is that the original recipe is not my own, this is just my take on it. I can also tell you that the original recipe had multiple layers, but after experimenting, this is the way my family likes it best.

Pasta Bake

1 lb penne pasta (I use gluten free and it works just fine)
8 oz ricotta cheese
8 oz shredded mozzarella
your favorite jar of pasta sauce
1 lb ground beef, if desired
Parmesan cheese

Brown you beef if you're using it. Drain and add your pasta sauce.

Boil your pasta until almost done, but not quite. If you cook it all the way it will become a bit mushy in the final dish.

Spread your pasta in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Spoon your ricotta cheese over the pasta and smoosh it down with either a spoon or very clean fingers. I find fingers work better. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the ricotta. Pour your sauce over the cheese layer. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and it's heated through.







Easy peasy and really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment