Thursday, February 28, 2013

Getting Back on the Bandwagon

I really, really want to get with this blogging thing. I don't know why it's important to me, but it is.

I came to the realization the other day, that one of the reasons I wasn't blogging was because I've read in several places that people like pictures with blog posts. I can see that. I personally don't care one way or the other, but I can see it. I don't take a lot of pictures because, honestly, my house is a wreck. I have a small house, four children, and I procrastinate like nobody's business. Yep, there, I said it. I'm l-a-z-y. Lazy in the I-just-spent-four-hours-volunteering-at-the-school-and-now-I'm-tired-and-don't-want-to-do-anything-but-veg sense. *Not* as lazy as my husband, but I come close! And that's scary! I've also been a little depressed and that always dampers my cleaning mood.

So, I've spent the better part of the week cleaning. There's still a lot to do because I've procrastinated just as much as I've cleaned...but it's getting better. I'm hoping by Monday that it will be pretty ship shape and I can start sharing pictures without being overly embarrassed.

Also, I've been very inspired by Danielle's blog. I was directed to her site through an article I read about her and her family on Yahoo. In an effort to curb our spending and to *hopefully* save more, I've decided two things. One is to go grocery shopping once a month. The other is to go as green as possible in relation to household cleaners. I've done that once before with fairly good results. Then I got lazy and it was easier to just buy stuff than make it. I'm also going to attempt baking my own bread. Eep! I used to have a breadmaker, but I never ever used it (DH has a mild gluten allergy, so he's gluten free). I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for one at the thrifts, but until then I'm going to be doing it the old fashioned way :D

And in an attempt to get back on the blogging bandwagon, I'm going to start the month off right tomorrow and do my best to post every single day! Not that anyone will read it, but hey...stranger things have happened!

Until tomorrow!

Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment