Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hello! Happy Pi Day!

Yes, I know it's 11:28 on March 14 (my time anyway), but that still means there is a whole 32 minutes before March 15, so technically it's still Pi Day!

We aren't big pie eaters around here. Our favorite is Cheese Pie (a sweet dessert pie), but since I haven't found a good gluten free alternative for a graham cracker crust, I ruled it out.

Had I thought about it, I would have made a chicken pot pie for supper. Since I didn't plan ahead and remembered last minute that I should make a pie, I threw together a Chocolate Cream Pie for dessert!

I found an easy gluten free pie crust recipe and a quick, no bake filling, threw both of them together and got pie. Pretty good pie, too!

I used the recipes linked above for the crust and filling, then made my whipped cream fancy with my EAD (Easy Accent Decorator) from Pampered Chef. Instead of chocolate shavings, I decorated with mini chocolate chips. I thought it turned out pretty...don't you?




No comments:

Post a Comment