Monday, April 1, 2013

Month in Review

You may remember this post I made at the end of February. I thought I'd give a little recap of how everything went...you know, just in case anyone is remotely curious.

Well, I overspent on my budget. Not by a whole lot (in regards to how much I've spent in the past on groceries), but I did overspend. I'm going to make a greater effort not to do that this month and be very careful. I did buy two Sunday papers in March to clip coupons, but as of yet, haven't clipped them. I need to do that before they expire! I didn't like the thought of buying all the milk I needed for the month, so I did end up buying fresh every week or so (we go through a lot of milk). I also ended up buying bread because the bread I made, well, it wasn't that great after several days. I have, however, found a new recipe to try and will be doing that this week. I did, however, very much enjoy not having to do a major grocery shop each week! Big plus there and definitely serves as motivation to continue doing a monthly shop. I'm preparing my list today and will be going off bright and early while I'm kidless, to get it done.

As far as going green in the cleaning supplies, I am still using up some things. However, I've been doing quite a bit of research and am at the ready for when my current supplies run out. My husband found and shared this recipe with me, which I can not wait to try! I will let you know how they go.

As far as getting back on the bandwagon, I don't think I've done too badly for March. April should hopefully be better, but again, only time will tell. Who knows what's in store this month!

How was your March?

No comments:

Post a Comment